Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Walker and Finnemore Longcase Clock? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
My brother has a grandfather clock he believes is early 19th century. The name on the hand painted face is Ja. Craw Montrose, which seems to be a Scottish cabinet/clock maker. The movement has "Walker and Finnemore" on the movement, which I think was a clock maker in business from 1808 to about 1812 in Birmingham (I think).

Can anyone tell me about this piece? It keeps decent time.

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
Case...

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
From " OLD SCOTTISH CLOCKMAKERS", (Forfar and Montrose are very close by, so with such an unusual name I suspect it to be the same person )

CRAW, JAMES. High Street, Forfar, 1837.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks!