• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Russian military airplane clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This clock supposedly came from a MIG fighter jet of 1970's/80's vintage. Took me awhile to figure out how it worked given it came with no instructions and multiple functionality. It is a wind up clock that is based on a Jaeger-LeCoultre movement...heck, if you are going to copy, might as well do so with a bit of class!

Anyhow, in addition to a basic clock with stop/go function, it has a 12 hour flight duration sub-dial at the top and a 60 minute stopwatch at the bottom. Like the clock, these each has stop/go and reset functionality.

To save any other collectors of these clocks the trial and error I went through, I attach a one page set of instructions. Mine is mounted in a nice Lucite stand and ticking away above my desk, I quite like it's rather loud tick!

cheers,
Roger

PDF DocMIG_clock_operation_in_PDF_format.pdf (141 Kb, 407 downloads) MIG cockpit clock

Posts: 26 | Location: Indiana in the USA | Registered: March 19, 2012
IHC Member 43
posted
Roger, Thanks for the instruction sheet

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Here is the Jaeger clock that the Russian version is supposedly copied from...pretty similar!

Posts: 26 | Location: Indiana in the USA | Registered: March 19, 2012