Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

In need of a battery clock movement "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
Greetings,

Can anyone help me to locate the right replacement battery quartz movement? The info that is on the old movement is as follows; Quartz Tochig Tokel Ltd. Japan. It is a long drop schoolhouse clock, D cell battery chime. It would be okay if it did not chime but I would like to get the same movement that was in there. Many thanks! Sam P.S. I have tried LaRose.

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003
posted
Hi Sam,
You might try www.clockparts.com They have a good inventory of quartz movements.

http://cart.clockparts.com/index.php?cPath=21

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Hi Sam

You can also try Merritt's Clock supply. They list some Quartz movements in their catalog.

http://www.merritts.com
Ph: 1-800-345-4101

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
I have had trouble finding chiming pendululm battery movements. You usually get one or the other. However, sometimes you can get a pendulum movement with an add-on chime unit. One clock came to my shop like that and out of frustration in not finding a chiming pendulum movement, I opened the case to find simply a spring driven brass mechanical movement that was wound be an electric motor. Everything worked it was just in need of a cleaning. Don't be afraid to look inside. Another quartz battery movement I repaired by cleaning the battery contacts inside the case! If it don't work now you can't break it any worse than it is has been my philosphy on a lot of "odd" repairs.

Posts: 179 | Location: Charlotte, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2004
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
Thanks alot for your help everyone. Bruce, I did try to repair the movement but no success. It seems to run but I think a gear is stripped. I will contact the suppliers tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003