Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Spanish American War Clocks "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
This has always been an interesting bit of history. Teddy Roosevelt - the Rough Riders - Remember the Maine etc.

For Years I have seen at regionals some of the clocks that commerate this time. One series was made by Ingraham and another series by E. N. Welch.
They were made around 1900 and pictured in their trade catalog that year.

They made six clocks in the series and they include pictures of Dewey and Schley.

An example of one is shown below.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Note that the glass and pendulum and impressed designes are all special for this series.

At an auction recently I was able to get the item pictured below. It also commerates this same time period and pictures Dewey, Schley and the Battleship Maine.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Now wouldn't that look great on the wall with the Dewey and Schley clocks on either side?

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
I do not have Tran's Welch book. If anybody has it and could scan the pictures I would appreciate it.

Also. If anybody knows where either of those clocks might be available....I would appreciate that also.

Tom