Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elliot of London 9 Tube Musical Longcase. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hi, As mentioned on Sat' night Chat, My pride and Joy. Purchased in 1973 for £100 (175US).

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Pic' 2, Hope you don't get bored.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Pic'3

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Pic' 4.

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Pic' 5, Clock Plays Westminster or Whittington Chimes on 8 Tubes, The hours are struck on the 9th Tube.

Picture of Ted Steuernagel
posted
Wow Ged, That sure is nice how old is it? TED

Posts: 335 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Thanks for comments and interest Ted, Clock is Edwardian- Early 1900s. Missed you Sat, Night. Ged.

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
....magnificent 'piece GED!!!just love wood inlay work...thanks...

Jim
IHC#234

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Ged,

"Take my breath away gorgeous!"

What a beautiful clock.

How tall is it?

Dr. Debbie

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hi Dr "D", The clock is dead on 8ft tall, I had to let it in the floor approx 6in , as this home is an energy efficient building and allowed a ceiling height of 7ft 6ins, the norm is 8ft. If you look at pic' of base you can see hole in floor purpose made to accomodate clock.
We will have to sell clock with the bungalow I think. Thanks for interest. Regards, Ged.

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Ged, One of the prettiest tall case clocks I have ever seen! Just fabulous! Thanks for the picts. It was great hearing about it in the CAT/RT. Great chat!

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Very nice tall case clock Ged.I really like the movement, must be quite loud when it plays the westminster chimes.Also the inlay at the base of it is quite nice and the height, wow.
Is that our most valuable clock?
Thanks for the great chat too Ged. Smile

Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
Hi Ged!,
It is a glorious clock to use some adjective, £100 that is a good deal, an extraordinary deal rather! Did you have to work in it when you bought it?

Regards

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003
Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
How would you like to triple your money? Big Grin Wink

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
If you sell the clock with the house, you'll have to return every week to wind it. Razz

Nice clock!

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002