Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hermle: 1050-020 stays awake "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
1050-020 stays awake

Not sure what happened as there is no apparent on off for the nite mode. I think it must be sneaking coffee late. I have tried running it back 12 hours and just stopping it for the same. No luck. Did I touch a secret lever? Thanks in advance. I know some one will have the answer.

Posts: 8 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: May 13, 2016
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Nite Shutoff
Try this. I'm not familiar with that movement, but it appears to have a switch on the dial?
See P. III-2 and III-3

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Well you would think if it was 1050-020 it would be the same . I do not see any lever . Removed the face. No big deal just thought maybe i missed it. But not even hidden. Frown

posted
Well I found the magic lever. It is not on the front as one would expect. It is on the front of the movement though. A lever runs down and bends under the chime rods. I assumed it was part of the muting, no. It actually rotates a small gear in in out of service. So now no more coffee for the clock. Smile

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Good job!

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Thanks Richard for letting others know!

Smile

Posts: 5201 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Thanks, I appreciate that. I am just a newbie. But the whole clock world intrigues and excites me. Keeps me awake some nights. I took my first bicycle apart when I was 5 just to see how it works. Got in big trouble. But a nice old man helped me put it back together. It has never ended. I have kienzel completely apart and going back together now. I love puzzles that mean something.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Reminds me of the first clock I took apart. Wasn't smart enough to let down the mainsprings. Took the top plate off and parts flew in all directions.
Took me about 4 hours to figure out how it went back together! Cool

Dave Turner

posted
I am so impressed with you knowledge and humble offerings. My first attempt in still in a box for parts, Smile Thanks

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Post a couple of pictures of your Kienzle 'box'. We need a little clock activity on here!

Dave Turner