Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

(Got it)Who made this German bracket clock ??? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Just received this clock which was well packed and damaged by the shipper( a major company not FedEx) Mad I would like to know who made it ?? Confused Thank you very much,tom

GOT THE INFO!!!!

German Winterhalder & Hoffmeier Bracket Clock

Winterhalder and Hoffmeier are one of the most famous German Victorian Clockmakers. The firm was started by Anton Winterhalder in Schwartzenbach, Germany in 1810, taking Anton Hoffmeier into partnership in 1850, with the business finally closing on the death of Winterhalder's last son Linus in 1910.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Hi Tom,Beautiful clock.I've restored hundreds of antique clocks.It seem like the glue they used back when these were built deteriorates over time and they just fall apart.I've done some Vienna style regulators that don't look like they were ever glued.Regards.Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
IT LOOKS ALMOST AS THOUGH THERE IS NO GLUE WHERE IT WAS KNOCKED APART BY THE COURIER SERVICE, A FEW BRUISES TO THE VARNISH BUT QUALITY THROUGH AND THROUGH,ALL THE TOP ORNAMENTS ARE SOLID BRASS NOT HOLLOW,AND WHAT APPEARS TO BE GOLDSTONE INLAYS

posted
Congratulations Tom, you really dig up some beautiful pieces... Eek

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009