Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Opinion Required-Gilbert Floor Model Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Good evening:
I have an opportunity to purchase a floor model 8 day T/S, 2 weight Gilbert Mission style clock. I came across it while on holidays, so I don't have a picture Frown It is about 6 feet in height, and has a classic mission look with brass numbers and quarter sawn oak. I have no idea if Gilbert produced others like this model, but I am hoping that someone may be able to guesstimate a value based on my vague description. I have seen a few on e-Bay, but the prices were all over the map. Can anyone provide an approximate value? The asking price is 595 Canadian. I know it is in the ball park, but…….
Many thanks, Grant

Grant Perry

Posts: 334 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 28, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Grant,
I know prices are tough to pin down, but for what it is worth, Tran's 2000 price guide puts the two typical mission style floor clocks at about $250-$275. A fancier model was $575.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Wow! Thank you Tom for the input.
gp

Grant Perry

Posts: 334 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
Grant,

I have worked on a number of Gilbert mission style wall clocks, but never a grandfather (yet!). I have seen a number of Gilbert GF's at auction and they went around Tom's suggested price. Gilbert seems to have been prolific in this style.

Posts: 179 | Location: Charlotte, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2004