• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Vienna Grand Sonnerie "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a Vienna regulator with grand sonnerie movement marked 'Jauch' on the back of the movement. I can't seem to connect Jauch with this 'Becker' quality of Vienna Regulator. Can someone please help?

Bill Buss

Posts: 10 | Location: Ocala, Florida USA | Registered: April 01, 2005
posted
I want to correct the request for information on the 'Jauch' Vienna Regulator to it being a Junghans movement. Grand Sonnerie.

Bill Buss

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Earl,
That sounds like a beautiful clock. German clocks are not my strong suite, but threre are others on site who have more of the information you are looking for.

Junghans made many high quality clocks, are you interested in the date of this clock? If you could take some pictures that would be helpful.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Tom,
Thanks for your reply about the Junghans Grand Sonnerie. I am not versed on posting pictures, but will try to get a friend to post some pictures.

My confusion came from how much this looks like a Lenzkirch or a Becker movement and overall Vienna Regulator. Thanks again, Earl

Bill Buss

posted
I think most of the factory produced grand sonniere wall clock movements have very similiar movements, no matter who made them, sort of like most of the French round movements look a lot alike. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Junghans bought or combined with Becker sometime after 1900, maybe in the 1920's.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002