Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Mystery calendar clock movements. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Michael Gorham
posted
I've acquired a Waterbury Calendar clock #33 but with it came some calendar clock movements. I'm fairly sure the one picture here is a Seth Thomas #4 office:

Posts: 79 | Location: Crawfordsville, Indiana in the USA  | Registered: March 12, 2009
posted
But this one is a mystery - it's 9" long.

Posts: 79 | Location: Crawfordsville, Indiana in the USA  | Registered: March 12, 2009
posted
And its reverse.

posted
And last, this rotary one. It's 4" in diameter and 3" high.

posted
And from the top - obviously its activating mechanism is missing.

posted
GREETINGS MICHAEL, THE COMPLETE MOVEMENT IS A AUSTRIAN OR GERMAN SPRING REGULATOR WITH A CALENDER MECHINISM AND VERY RARE BUT IT TAKES A SPECIAL CASE. THE FIRST POST MAY BE A SETH THOMAS, THE LAST ONE IS A MYSTERY TO ME BUT IT LOOKS VALUABLE. I MIGHT ALSO MENTION THAT I HAVE A NICE WATERBURY #43 DOUBLE DIAL CALENDER CLOCK CASE ONLY THAT BI WILL BE LISTING ON EBAY SOON. TAKE CARE. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
posted
GREETINGS MICHAEL, I WANT ADD SOMETHING TO MY LAST POST. I NOTICED AFTER LOOKING AGAIN AT THE GERMAN MOVEMENT IT HAS A FLY 0R GOVERNER ON THE LEFT SIDE WHICH INDICATES THERE IS MOTION IN THAT PART OF THE CALENDER TRAIN, SO IT MAY BE A TIME CLOCK MOVEMENT. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
posted
Blimey Eddie, you're on the ball this morning! Thanks.

The #33 has an excellent case but is missing its time dial. I won't be listing it until I return from a Missouri auction in 2 weeks. That's Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Missouri in a month. Not bad for a Brit living in Indiana!

At the Wisconsin auction I gambled $250 on a rare English fishing reel. It sold on ebay for $1850 last week. I only went there for clocks, watches and tools! You just never know in this game.

posted
I suppose being a time clock movement makes it less desirable?

posted
Michael

Eddie's right. The second one is very rare and should look like this:

Gerald

Front view

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
GREETINGS MICHAEL, IT IS NOT A TIME CLOCK MOVEMENT AFTER ALL, THE PICTURE FROM MR. ZIMMERMAN TELLS THE STORY. THE MOVEMENT HAS SO MANY ROBUST ATTRIBUTES THAT I THOUGHT IT WAS MORE THAN A CALENDER CLOCK. TAKE CARE. EDDIE