• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

english dial clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have acquired another English dial clock that has a good many issues. Does anyone know what size the tiny screw is that locks the hour hand on? Or where I might find one?

Also this clock had a spring latch built into the wooden bezel surround. I,ve never seen one of these and wondered if someone could show me a picture of the outside latch Mike

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
a picture would help LOL Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
OK the clock is an English Dial Clock like the one shown. The center arbor has a hole for a tiny screw that locks the hour hand. I need to find the size or where I can locate a screw.
My other question is about a small latch that is set into the edge of the dial surround. There is a brass spring locking devise that is worked by pushing or pulling the inside device to open the bezel. I have never seen one of these and would like to see a picture or drawing of the missing exterior part. Comments welcome, Mike

posted
Well the pictures are not as I said here are some more (I hope)

posted
arbor

posted
duh!

posted
Anyone wishing to buy a new computer with windows 8 installed please send me your bids

IHC Life Member
posted
LOL my daughter is struggling with the new laptop I got her for her birthday. She's about to toss it out into the rain. Looks like Windows 8 may be this decade's Vista.

Oh well, the price of early adoption!

Take care and good luck with that new OS and clock.

Evan

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012