• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

FRENCH CLOCK NAME "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
What are these French clocks called by their proper name?

The correct name will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

My brain forgot to remember the name of these clocks. I presume they are products of the second half of the 19th Century.

Posts: 391 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 20, 2006
posted
Hi Dan,

The common name is "Picture Frame Clock". They may also be called a "Comtoise" clock. Hope this helps.

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
posted
I recently saw a similar clock, but the frame swung away leaving the glass covering the movemet and dial. And the pendulum was a bearcat to hang #*!%

Posts: 19 | Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | Registered: July 16, 2004
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello All, My copy of The Price Guide to Collectable Clocks, By Alan & Rita Shenton. Has a small entry on page 250, about this type of clock. Regards to all, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003