WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

ITC Wall(Slave) Clock-Easy/Inexpensive To Convert? Value??? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
Looking to purchase this ITC wall clock. Is it hard or expensive to convert to be able to plug into regular house outlet? Also if someone could pass a rough estimate of its value? Advice appreciated, thanks!

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello, Please don't alter this Slave, Try and get a Master Clock to run it and keep all original. I have a GENT'S Master clock and two slaves. I'm not allowed to run them as Gents are notorious for their loud "CLUNK" when tripping and sending the 30sec signal to slaves. My Master is hung in my garage but it keeps my wife awake at night. Sad but true. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
posted
Mark,

All you need is a one pulse per 30 second, see this site for solutions other than a master clock.

http://www.moederklok.nl/

Peter

Posts: 110 | Location: Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK | Registered: June 03, 2006
posted
New to euros. Can this be ordered in the US? WHich one do I order? Looked at price list and have no idea which one is the right one? They don't make these in the states?

IHC Member 43
posted
Mark, I believe that Brian Mumford of Microset fame has these on his site. http://www.bmumford.com/

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Excuse my igmorance, but is this for real? Thanks!

posted
Mark,

....Excuse my igmorance, but is this for real?

Yes it is , I was hoping that the web site might provide you with some options that you might want to consider in driving your clock from an electronic source rather than a master clock.
I suggest you have another look and come back with specific questions.

Here's another web site that provides more insight and links to the world of electric clocks.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/Pulsynetic/index.jhtml

Peter

Posts: 110 | Location: Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK | Registered: June 03, 2006
posted
Mark, I believe the clock you are interested in is not a slave but a 120 beat gallery clock with its own movement and pendulum bob. I think these run on 24 volt DC current. I have used model train transformer to run some of my selfwinders. I just bought a hipp-toggle 72 beat master that I rigged up a couple 1.5 volt batteries in series and fired it up. Runs like a top. Not sure the value of these clocks but $200 plus might be in the ballpark but not sure. Maybe someone else more knowledgable than me can help with some kind of value.

Posts: 172 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: July 06, 2004