Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gilbert Clock? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Would anyone have information on this Gilbert Clock? Its an alarm clock - mounted in a wooden case. Appreciate any information. Thanks

Gilbert

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Wayne,
I can't find anything about that particular clock. It was noted in Tran's book that in 1927 gilbert introcuced a line of clocks painted different colors with painted designs.

That sounds like a good starting point for yours. The number style is, in my opinion, not earlier than that.

I'll keep looking and post if I find anything more specific.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of David Fahrenholz
posted
Wayne,
I will check for you tonight when I get back to the shop.

Viele Grüße

David Fahrenholz
Fahrenholz Clock & Watch
Timeless Service

Posts: 52 | Location: Fishers, Indiana USA | Registered: June 24, 2003
Picture of David Fahrenholz
posted
My guess is between 1922-1925. There is an advertising clock that resembles the paint scheme but not 100%. The dial is also Roman numerals. The carved case style (Tambour) dates as 1922, so possibly this was a special order item for a business or someone. There does not appear to be any specific catalog information on the Tambour Alarm clock.

Viele Grüße

David Fahrenholz
Fahrenholz Clock & Watch
Timeless Service

Posts: 52 | Location: Fishers, Indiana USA | Registered: June 24, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
In Tran's Gilbert book there are two clocks with dials having the same style numbers as on yours. They are both dated 1929.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Tom & David,
Thanks very much for the information about the Gilbert clock -

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Wayne,
This doesn't help dating, but there was a picture of a clock similar to yours in the "Advertising Clocks" section.

The picture is from Tran's book on Gilbert clocks.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.