Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Retirement Clock! "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
MY kind of Clock!!! (It does tell time, if you know how) Read

DayClocks - The Day At A Glance!

When The Day Is More Important Than The Hour!

Changing The Face Of Time!

How The Day Clock Was Born:

The idea for the ultimate retirement gift was born in the heart of the Black Rock Desert of Nevada in the middle of July. Mark Pierce and John Kallestad had been dirt sailing for several days knowing their wives would be showing up on Friday.

The problem was they didn't know what day it was and their wristwatches only gave them the date, which didn't help. After several beers around the campfire the idea for the DayClock was born. A result was a clock, which gave them the only information they required--what day, it is.

Our patented design divides the face of a clock into 7 equal pie shaped sections, one for each day of the week. The day hand moves continuously making a complete revolution every 168 hours or once a week.

The lines dividing the days indicate midnight. The midpoint above each day indicates noon. Halfway between the midpoint and each line indicates 6:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M.

Sheila

Day Clock

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
LOL, thats a great Idea! I know a few people(me included) that could use this!

Dirt sailing reminds me of:
For my mothers 70th birthday...I took her to San Diego to meet some reletives she had only known when they were both children. We also rented a car and drove to Tucson, AZ for more reletives. On the way there we saw huge Sand Dunes and people were riding "Dune Buggys" and other recreational vehicles up and down the dunes.

She made the comment: "Doesnt that look like fun". I pulled in to the parking area. She asked me, "what are you doing"? I replied I'm going to find someone to give you a ride. "Oh, NO, I can't do that! I said too late now!

The first people we drove up to, were two retired couples from Michigan. I told them who we were, why we happened to be there, and asked them if I could hire one of them to take her for a ride.

Absolutly, but no money...was the reply and off she went. I took some photos as they were preparing her and heading up the very first hill(dune). After some time had passed, I began to get nervous, I got to thinking, we did not know these people, she's 70yrs...Oh God! What have I done!! They've had some kind of accident and I've killed my mother!!!

Sensing my nervousness the other driver asked me to ride with him to find them. So, off I went. We finally did find them at the bottom of a large hole in the dunes. They had stalled the dune buggy and needed help starting it again.

The look on her face told me that not only was she not nervouse or afraid, but..that she was having the time of her life. She looked so funny in that helmet!

After we all returned to the peoples camp. She tried to explain how much fun she had had, thanked them and gave them all hugs and kisses.

Turned out the gift I was giving to her turned out to be a bigger gift for me!

greg

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Greg,
WHAT A HOOT!!!!

I just loved this. I laughed so loud that I may have woken up Russell.

What a great thing for your mom to experience at that age. I know my mom at 84 is enoying a lot of new things these days too, and things she would have never done before. It is a God send to us too huh? I just love to see her laugh and have fun.

Thank you for sharing that one, it was great.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004