Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Riley Whiting "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
This is a nice Riley Whiting, Winchester, wooden works movement. R. Whiting made movements in that location from 1819 - 1835.

I have only the movement and dial. I do not know what case it came from. I presume it is from a tall case clock.

The dial is beautifully painted and in good condition.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
I love the detail on the dial. Note the gold stars around the winding arbors.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The movement

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Note how the seatboard is notched to accept the pegs from the front plate.

Tom

posted
Nice clock Tom, did you ever have this one running?
Are the bushings in these made of wodd or metal?
Maybe one day you might find a case for it, hope so, it looks so nice.

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Kevin,
I have never had this one running. The movement needs some work. There are three broken teeth, a common thing on wooden works movements. There are no bushings, although I did see a bit of wire around one of the pivot holes.

I don't have room for the kind of case this movement would take. I will be selling it soon so it can find a good home and an apppopriate case.

Tom