• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A Different Sort of Movement "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This movement came from a Waterbury Tambour. It is sort of the same but different. The chime movement is piggybacked on the rear of an otherwise normal looking time/strike movement. The chime train is triggered by the center shaft in the time train. When the clock has chimed the fourth quarter, the strike train is triggered by the chime train. It seemed a little weird to see a clock with Westminster chimes have a count wheel strike system. The time and strike trains have open springs and the chime train has a barrel spring. In the front view of the movement, the center winding arbor is for the chime train. The square ended arbor drives another wheel, which drives a wheel on the spring barrel. Excessive wear can be seen on the primary winding arbor hole and on the second pivot in that train. I just thought I would share this unusual movement with the rest of you.

Posts: 311 | Location: Berthoud, Colorado USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Rear view of movement

posted
Right side of movement

posted
Left Side of movement

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Interesting movement. The split front/back design is not the usual, but does show up in a few. Usually they are not the most fun to work on.

That one is neat. Thanks for posting it.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Interesting movement, like Tom said i bet it is a bear to work on, can,t say i have seen others made like this one, about what year was this made?

Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
very nice photos, it'll make a good reference!

Greg

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003