• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Identification of a unmarked Two Weight Vienna "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I bought this unmarked Vienna regulator and know little about them. It has a serial number on the movement but no other marking that I can tell. It strikes the hour and the half-hour on a coil gong. It is well made and everything appears original down to the finials.

The movement slides into a metal bracket which locks into place by two small threaded knobs that run thru the movement and into the mounting bracket. There are two additional threaded knobs on the bottom of the bracket that allows for the movement to side forward and backward a short distance to allow for the hammer to properly strike the gong which is attached to the mounting bracket.

The case appears to be mahogany with nice quarter round turnings on the upper and lower portion of the door and scalloped molding on the top and bottom of the case. The case is fairly "thin" across its front and not nearly as robust as I think some of the latter cases were.

Some help in dating and possibly the maker or region that the clock was produced would be appreciated. Thank you.

Unknown_vennia.jpg

Posts: 172 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: July 06, 2004
posted
Image of the top of case

posted
Image of bottom of vienna case

vennia_lower.jpg

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Looks like a Becker. Picture of movement and serial number would be helpful.

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004