WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Sessions mantle clock and other pendulaum clock problems "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Let me start by saying I am a total novice, but I am trying to learn. That being said, I have these two 8 day spring powered pendulum desk/mantle clocks. The Sessions is the "whale back" mantle type and the other is a wall mount/desk top type. Both were very dirty and not working when I got them. I disassembled both, cleaned them, put them back together, and oiled them. Both movement ran really well sans the pendulum. Once I put the movements back into the cases and attached the pendulums, they both would not run. Any suggestions? All the gears, pinions, and pivot holes appeared to be fine. Any advise would be great.

Posts: 2 | Location: New Haven, Connecticut in the USA | Registered: February 16, 2013
IHC Member 43
posted
Eric, It may be that they are not in beat, you should have an even tic and toc. Try slightly lifting either side of the clock to arrive at an even beat, then the crutch can be gently bent toward the high side to get the even beat.

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Thanks Curly. I'll try that. I did try making sure the movement was balanced, but I did not try bending the crutch.

Posts: 2 | Location: New Haven, Connecticut in the USA | Registered: February 16, 2013