Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Eli Terry Works????? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
I just acquired this wooden works movement. It feels like a Terry, smells like a Terry, but doesn't look like a Terry. The count wheel and bushing support for the escape wheel are not in the "Terry" tradition. Any ideas? I know the Terry's changed patents etc., perhaps this was one.

Thanks

Ken

Posts: 285 | Location: Springfield, Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 06, 2008
posted
GREETINGS KEN, I HAVE AN H&E BLAKESLEY CLOCK AND YOUR MOVEMENT LOOKS IDENTICAL TO IT, ALSO I HAVE A PRATT AND IT LOOKS IDENTICAL TO IT, I WOULDE BET IT IS A BLAKESLEY. IT WAS MINUS 14 HERE THIS MORNING AND I HAD TO RUN SOME ERRANDS AND I AM STILL TRYIN G TO WARM UP. TAKE CARE. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
Thanks for the information Eddie. One of the time train gears has a broken arbor and as a result, I am mising the upper gear. Do you know how I may go about figuring out what it may look like? I may be able to make one as I have done some wood working if I could find a pattern.

We are still on Holliday and will be returning to Arkansas tomorrow. Thankfully, there is some clock work wating for me when we get back.

posted
GREETINGS KEN, DOES THE MISSING WHEEL ALSO CARRY A PINION? WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS A WHEEL AND PINION COUNT ON THE TIME SIDE, THE MOTION WORK IS NOT INCLUDED THEN YOU HAVE TO FIND THE FORMULA THAT WILL SUIT YOUR CLOCK TRAIN. STEVEN CONNOVER'S BASICS BOOK HAS 2 FORMULA'S,ALSO DONALD DE CARLES BOOK ALSO HAS SEVERAL FORMULA'S IN IT, THERE IS A WEBSITE CONNECTED TO THE B.H.I. MAIN WEBSITE THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FILL IN THE BLANKS. TAKE CARE. EDDIE, P.S. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM FINDING THE RIGHT FORMULA CALL ME AND I WILL DISCUSS IT WITH YOU.

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
I knew you were going to say that :-) I was hoping you would look at the picture, see which wheel was mission (no pivot) and say, wow, I have a few of them laying around the shop.

Off to counting and calculating.