Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What do you think.. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1613
posted
I'm not a clock guy (I collect watches) but I do buy a clock or two every now and then..I just had this one refinished...It is an Ansonia open escapement statue...It is a marriage but I think it turned out nice..

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
Pic #1

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
classic very nice one

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
Pic #2

posted
pretty clock, Gary!!

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
VERY VERY NICE Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1613
posted
Thanks guys for the nice comments..I wish I had a before picture...When I bought the statue clock someone had put an electric clock movement in it and was in bad shape..I took that out and went on the hunt for an open escapement movement..I found one but it was a little bigger than the original movement so the clockmaker had to make a couple of modifications..One that I think was nice was he couldn't get the gongs to fit in the clock so he took them off and attached a french bell to the back of the movement..Now it has a nice little french bell ding when it strikes the hour and half hour..

IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I think it is a keeper.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010