Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Info/History Of Gilbert Banjo Clock? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
Can anyone supply any information or age of this Gilbert Banjo clock? If anyone knows value it would be appreciated, thank you!

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
posted
Hello Mark,

Looking in the Gilbert Clocks book by Tran Duy Ly, it looks like a Gilbert's No. 3085-A on page 67. The 2000 price guide that comes in the Supplement shows a value of $225 for a clock in mint condition. I'm sure the clock has appreciated in value in the last 6 years.

Richard

Posts: 26 | Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2003
posted
The production date listed in the book is 1929.

Richard

Posts: 26 | Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2003
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
Thanks for the response. Exactly what I was looking for. I paid $60, thought I might have overpaid. Banjos on ebay do not go so high.

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
posted
If your clock is in good shape you got a good deal. The problem with buying on ebay is that you are never sure what kind of shape the clock is in. Even when the sellers say they just had the clock cleaned and its in great running condition, that's not always the case. Hence even clocks in good condition get less than they should on ebay.

Richard