Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

1906 Wm. L. Gilbert Clock Co. Winsted Conn "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1736
posted
This clock is in a pawn shop in Peter's back yard for $200. It looks complete and in great shape. The key is in the back of the case, but I was afraid to wind it.

I like the simple lines of the case.

Can anyone shed any light on the this one?

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Member 1736
posted
The dial, two springs to wind...

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Member 1736
posted
The movement

IHC Member 1736
posted
Case back

IHC Member 1736
posted
Movement detail shot

IHC Member 43
posted
Paul, I looked in my Gilbert book but could not find that exact model. In my opinion that price was pretty steep for the condition. I like those dial and sash combinations though.

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Paul,
The dial and and dial pan have no business on that case.
If you look closely you can see screw holes in the sash, it is meant to be put on the front of a case not mounted on the inside.
I also notice extra mounting holes on the inside of the case, meaning that there was a different movement in it at one time.
The case, IMHO, is not a Gilbert. Without looking anything up I am of the opinion that it may be a New Haven case. The whole thing looks like a marriage to me.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Mike

Posts: 206 | Location: West Virginia in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2012