Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I sure would like to own this one "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
It may only be on a postcard, but I would love one like this, even a new one.
It states:

The Mysterious Clock
The Crystal Bar
Virginia City Nevada.

Sheila

Mysterious Clock100

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Sheila,
Looks nice. I have never seen one, but it looks like you could make one yourself. That way you could get a frame to match the rest of your furniture. Get a glass place to cut a mirror and drill it for the clock. I would use a quartz movement. Just stick the numbers to the mirror, make the numbers and hands out of something that matches the one in the picture.

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Looks like it may be one of those mystery clocks that runs off of watch movements located in the counterbalance of each of the hands.

Posts: 331 | Location: Camarillo, California USA | Registered: May 03, 2005
posted
Sheila,

Here is a detailed view of the hands of that clock. It looks to me like the hands are counterweighted, and that is what the short cylinders at the end of each hand are. You can see their reflection in the mirror behind them, with the top (minute hand) counterweight's reflection being farther from it than the bottom (hour hand) counterweight's reflection is from it. It looks to me like the mechanism is indeed behind the mirror, so a hole must be drilled through it. It is an interesting example of a mystery clock!

-Kent

D. Kent Yates
MysteryClockGuy

Mystery Clock Crystal Bar Hands Detail

Posts: 5 | Location: Savoy, Illinois USA | Registered: January 08, 2007