Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

English Clock ID "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Good evening:
I have a friend that is selling off her collection of clocks. She has bought these over the years because she like the "look" of the clocks, but never really knew what she was buying. As a result I think she often ended up paying waaayyy too much for some. She is now moving and has taken upon the task to sell them. They are a collection of mostly French clocks and this one, which I'm thinking is English, but I haven’t a clue. The is a makers initials on the plate, but as I don’t focus on these type of clocks I have no reference materials. Can someone tell me 1) Who the maker of this clock is, and 2) ball park a value?
As always, many thanks!
Grant

Grant Perry

eng1

Posts: 334 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 28, 2003
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Pic 2

Grant Perry

Picture of Grant Perry
posted
pic 3

Grant Perry

Picture of Grant Perry
posted
pic 4

Grant Perry

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
W and H was a german clock company in business late 19th to early 20th century. Good heavy movements in the English style

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello Again, Clock is German By "Winterhalder& Hofmeier" The factory closed in 1930 upon the death of the last surviving son, Linus Winterhalder. I have a couple of W&H clocks. I rather like them being well made and in attractive cases. Apparently, according to my research ,The company Winterhalder started in 1810 and Anton Hofmeier joined company in 1850. Value around £300-400 over here for your example. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Hi Lads.
Thank you for the info! Much appreciated!
Grant

Grant Perry