Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can't Find/ID This Hamilton Watch? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
I have Shugarts book and wasn't able to find this watch. The inside of case says Hamilton watch as well as on the back. It is a 10K gold filled. Can some ID this watch for me. Also the price ranges on this model It is rose colored gold and cleaned up real well. Help appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
This appears to be the 1941 Hamilton Essex . It came in yellow gold fill and coral gold fill. This one appears to have the applied numeral dial with rhodium plated numbers.

What a beauty!

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
posted
Thanks. How can I find out if it is coral? The case is rose colored gold. Let me know if you need a better pic to see if it is actually coral.
PS-Put an 18mm band and you can't notice the cut. Appreciated. Here are some pics:

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Coral is just Hamilton's name for rose-gold (a rose by any other name...sorry I couldn't help it). The salmon dial usually went with the coral case. Nice watch...

Adam

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
Mark,

Have the lugs have been modified? The first photo with the metal band looks different to me than the photo with the leather strap. Here's another example.

If you check the last photo in that auction, where it shows the back of the lugs, you will see the tube lugs look solid & unaltered.

Barbara

Wink

Posts: 315 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: April 07, 2005
posted
Thanks for the reply. Looks like the lugs were cut. Someone must have cut them to put on a metal band I guess. The leather band I put on hides it well.