• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

RR Dial Faces "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a question regarding the faces of railway PW and WW. Would I be correct in assuming that a 24 hour dial face is a Canadian peculiarity? Would I then also be correct in assuming that it would make no difference whether it is on a PW or a WW? Thanks for any and all opinions.

Regards, John

Posts: 299 | Location: Mount Brydges, Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 10, 2005
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
It would certainly be a mistaken presumption that it makes no difference because it does. In most instances the 24 hour "Canadian RR Style" dial is scarcer than the standard US RR approved counterpart. They, with 10 times Canada's population , likely had 10 times the railways,at least that is my humble opinion. As an example Canadian 24 hour up/down indicator RR dials are very scarce! Eek

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I believe I have read that Mexico Railroads also required the 24 hour dial.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007