WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Question on where to find a new crystal and crown for this Hamilton "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm a newbie to this forum, but understand it's the best place to go for information on American-made wristwatches.

I'm trying to source a replacement crown and crystal for this watch.

I appreciate any help members of this forum can give.

Thanks much in advance,
gatorcpa

Posts: 19 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: September 07, 2006
posted
OK, let's try this again.

Here is a picture of the face of the watch. I'm having a hard time learning the interface of the forum.

This should do it.

Thanks,
gatorcpa

Posts: 19 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: September 07, 2006
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
That's a very nice New Square Plain; is the case two-tone?...I have one with a similar special dial (see pic), but mine is the Engraved model in green gold filled. I think that it wouldn't be hard for a watchmaker to have a crystal custom-cut for this. About a crown, that may be a harder task. Not all that look similar are interchangeable. It should look like the one on mine, but in white, of course. It might be worthwhile to ask around if a particular watchmaker has the part. The Square was a common model, so you may have some luck. You could start by referring to the Members Business Directory on the main page.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
The stem tube in these 1930's models is of a fairly large diameter - one of mine is 3.16 mm outside diameter - the square shown will be about the same. So you need a crown with a larger diameter hollow so that it will fit over the stem tube - and the stem thread is also larger than later watches - so most modern crowns will not fit.

The only known two-tone versions of the Square are always in solid gold.

dan

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Evan,

Nice watch! Big Grin

Send it back and I will see what I can do for you. I have thousands of crowns, it is just a matter of me finding one that fits and that I think looks nice. I can also get a new plastic crystal for you.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006