WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Looking for a chronometer with big date complication "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Lloyd C. Bowen III
posted
I'm looking for a higher-end chronometer (COSC) with a big date complication. It has to be an automatic (no quartz), and should be a well known brand (to aid in resale value). I'm not looking for anything too busy - just a basic timekeeper that keeps very good time. I'm more concerend with readability than added functions -- it needs to be something I can read at a glance (and my eyes are growing old). I like the Ball Engineer Chronometer Dual Time, but I'm a little concerned about the 50m water resistance. I don't dive, but I don't want to mess with having to worry about my watch if I get wet. I've seen too many "50m" watches that couldn't handle a hard rain. I don't want to spend more than a couple of grand (new or used).

Anyway, suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Clay

------------------------------
Clay Bowen
== Got a 50's - early 60's Elgin Wristwatch? Want to sell it? ==

Posts: 4 | Location: Burnsville, Minnesota USA | Registered: June 19, 2007