• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bulova Rubaiyat "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does anyone know anything about a Rubaiyat hinged lapel/wristwatch? It has Bulova movement, labeled 15 jewels, Swiss, American Standard, Warranted 25 years, Bulova W Co., has the number 1013447 on the case. Would like to know how old it is and how much it is worth. Any info would be appreciated.
Thank You.

Posts: 2 | Location: Monmouth, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 01, 2007
posted
Hi Carl,
Due to the recent interest in Bulova and Steve Ollman's website http://www.mybulova.com/ , I've been refamiliarizing myself with my Bulova material and movements. I have started keeping track of movements that have serial nos. under 100,000. One of these mov'ts I have is signed Rubaiyat on the dial. It is an uncased example.

In a book I have on trademarks written by Kathleen Pritchard, I found that "Rubaiyat" was copyrighted by Bulova back in the 1920's(if I am remembering correctly). Does your watch have a serial number on the movement?
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
Thank you for your help. There are no numbers anywhere other than on the case. I know nothing about the watch so any help is appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Location: Monmouth, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 01, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
The title reminds me of that famous verse from another Rubaiyat ---

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on; nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

-- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005