• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Does it exist?....... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does what exist you might ask. The Hamilton Barbizon, supposedly the rarest of all the Hamilton wristwatches ever made.

From the info I was able to find on this watch I see that it was first available in 1957. The case was made of solid 18K white gold with 12 diamonds set in a circular pattern around the bezel. It contained the Hamilton grade 730 17 jewel movement with subsidiary seconds.

In 1957 the Barbizon sold for the princely sum of $2000, which was more than what most new cars cost back then, so I can only imagine than if it was ever put into production, not many were ever sold.

I have yet to find anybody that owns one, much less seen one. Does anybody know if this watch was actually made? The only pictures of the watch that I have ever seen have been mere drawings in Hamilton catalogs and price guides. I've yet to find an actual picture of the watch, if one even exists.

Thoughts? Comments?

Posts: 14 | Location: Richmond, Virginia USA | Registered: June 01, 2005