• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Hastings "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does anyone happen to have any factory catalogue pictures/advertisements of the Hamilton Hastings?

Thank you in advance!

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
Hamilton WW Expert

Picture of Gary Cole
posted
I can send/post something tonite - i have copies of both - i also like to collect the old ads, they are pretty neat , though not that informative

Gary

Posts: 61 | Location: Sarasota, Florida U.S.A. | Registered: May 30, 2004
posted
Gary,

Thank you for the reply. That would be great! I am actually trying to find information on the original band which came with the watch on the 14K model. I just picked up a 14K solid yellow with a 14K solid yellow band which dates to late 20's early 30's )according to the information I can find) I was wondering if Hamilton mentioned/pictured a solid gold band in there description/ad or not. I am 99% sure that this is original to the watch, but was wondering if it was an option from Hamilton or done at the jewelers.

Thank you for your time,

Adam

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
Hamilton kept meticulous records, and noted when a watch was sold with a metal band. According to the records, very few Hamiltons from this era were originally supplied with metal bands.

None of the records show that any of the Hastings model were originally sold with a metal band, so the band on yours was most likely added afterward.

The Hastings is pretty rare in solid gold, I only see 1 or 2 per year.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
posted
Bryan,

Thank you for the information. I kind of figured that the band was an add on at the jewelers store during the original purchase. The person which I purchased this off of has been a long time friend. His Fathers Uncle was the original owner of the watch and his Father was told that that band has been on the watch since he had it. They only bought the best of the best.....just wish it was 18K Smile It is a very well made unique band (23 grams)...only problem is I will never be able to wear it.....about 4" shy of fitting me.

Thanks again,

Adam

posted
Thought I would try to post some pictures of the watch. Still needs cleaned and a new crystal but overall it is in great condition. I thought the band was very interesting. I haven't seen one quite like this.

FRONT

posted
BACK

BACK

posted
MARKINGS

posted
BAND OPEN

posted
BAND CLOSED

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Adam that,s a nice watch and band, Smile both look to be in great condition ,,thanks for showing it.

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004