Tools
Reply to Post

Longines Wittnauer catalog "Click" to Login or Register 
Wristwatch Expert

posted
Wow, this 1950 Longines Wittnauer catalog on eBay went for $550:

Longines catalog

winning bidder was bruett23.

Anyone happen to know who this is? I would love to get (and would pay for) a digital copy of this catalog for my research.

I bid $301 and thought that would more than cover it. I got blown out of the water. Just shows how these old catalogs are becoming collector items in and off themselves.

Posts: 84 | Location: Evansville, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 30, 2005
posted
Nothing surprises me about these old cat's now Bruce!
Last year, I put both a Rolex R4 & R5 parts manual on eBay, and each went to Italian buyers for around £120GBP Sterling each ...... plus shipping!

I also suffered a stiff neck for a while from scanning the brutes into my pc before they departed these shores .......... Big Grin

Although there are no copyright notices anywhere on any of the pages, I'm sure Rolex would get a touch 'anti' if I started flogging CD's or copies of the contents! Roll Eyes

The buyer may do the job for you, but it will be costly, as scanning that stuff takes hours to do even if in ring binders!

If you want to find a member, go into eBay's sitemap and find the 'Community' link, then 'View members feedback' , there'll be a 'contact member' link on his profile!

The guy is in Germany!

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbac...AllFeedback&items=25

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
Wristwatch Expert

posted
Just thought I'd followup on this so you could see how it turned out. The guy from Germnay reneged on his bid, saying he had entered the wrong amount (yeh, right, how many of us have been there Wink So the lady was forced to re-auction. Don't know if she tried any second-chance offers or not. (Those have never worked with me anyway, and with the amount of fraud that's going on with this, I don't see how anyone is having any success with this). Anyway, I sniped the auction at the last minute and got the catalog for $222, less than HALF the price it originally went for. So this is the flip side, I guess, of getting tripped up by an amatuer ebayer. I'm sure the seller is angry, but I'm delighted. Anyway, I paid the seller. Haven't rec'd the catalog yet, but am looking forward to it.

Posts: 84 | Location: Evansville, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 30, 2005