• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Vintage Breitling 820.4 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
My Father-In-Law gave me this watch recently (very generous gesture on his part. It is a Breitling 820.4, made in the early 70's I believe. The bracelet has obviously been replaced by a cheapie from Hong Kong.

My question is, does anybody know what original bracelet went with this watch and if so are any pictures available? I've been searching the net and can only find one or two around and none with a bracelet. Maybe it only came with a strap. Any info would help.

Here are some pictures.

Posts: 16 | Location: Cypress, California in the USA | Registered: October 04, 2009
IHC Member 1580
posted
Wally, I know your original post is an old one, but I thought I'd give it a quick reply. I own two Breitling 1450 models. One, I purchased new. It appears the stainless steel band on yours, is identical to the original band on mine. My guess, is, your band, shown above, is the one that came with the watch. Mine is now outfitted with the Rouleaux bullet bracelet.

Posts: 16 | Location: Geneva, Indiana in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2011
IHC Member 1580
posted
Here's a photo of the Breitling 1450, with the original stainless steel band, box, and warranty booklet.

Breitling 1450 w/original box

IHC Member 1580
posted
Here's my first Breitling 1450, with a Rouleaux "bullet" bracelet, that replaced the original stainless steel band, in 1994.

Breitling 1450 w/Rouleaux bracelet

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Karl,

Thanks for posting those images!

Smile

Posts: 5198 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 1580
posted
Here's a photo of my NOS Breitling model 820.4/1451 chronograph, fitted with a NOS Rouleaux "bullet" bracelet (101D).

IHC Member 1580
posted
quote:
Here's a photo of my NOS Breitling model 820.4/1451 chronograph, fitted with a NOS Rouleaux "bullet" bracelet (101D)

Here's another pic, without the flash.

This watch still had the factory sticker on the back of it, which I gently slid off, after warming it with a hair dryer. The sticker stated model 820.4, but the case back says 1451.