Internet Horology Club 185
UnkHam?

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886009961/m/873003646

January 26, 2004, 08:29
Jim Cope
UnkHam?
...I pilfered this image of a Hamilton ww off Ebay and since I had an interest in it proceeded to look through what Hamilton references I have w/o success...wondering what model it is?...a 22 jeweler...thanks...Jim C

January 26, 2004, 11:47
William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
Thanks for posting that interesting photo. Is there a link you would have to an ebay auction so that we could look at other photo's of the watch. Also, might you know if it is solid gold or gold filled? The dial and the jewel count (22?) suggests a more modern Hamilton (60's), however on first glance, I don't really have a clue. I have Rene Rondeau's excellent guide: Hamilton Wristwatches, A Collectors Guide at home. This book has a catalog image of every Hamilton produced. I will search for this watch this evening.

Option 2 is to email this image to Rene and see if he could provide us with information.

My long term goal, of course, is to make a case to Rene that he should be a member of the IHC and participate in this and other forums.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
January 26, 2004, 14:02
Jim Cope
...thanks Bill for taking the time...this is the Ebay site of the auction...Jim C

"CLICK" HERE TO SEE THE E-BAY AUCTION

[This message was edited by Lindell V. Riddle on January 26, 2004 at 14:18.]
January 26, 2004, 14:06
Lindell V. Riddle

My only clue is the style of "H" on the dial which if memory serves is they began to use in mid-fifties.

The auction could prove interesting as it's an unusual style. I've increased the movement image size and turned it as well. Looks like a Grade 770 with 22-Jewels, Adjusted and USA markings.

Hope that gets us closer to figuring it out!

Wink

January 27, 2004, 08:07
William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
Hamilton introduced the 22 Jewel, 770 movement in 1955, and it is described as "...a very high-quality movement which features 22-jewels and Incablock shockproofing. It was manufactured until the end of American production in 1969.

This watch is called the Lindsay, and it appeared in the Hamilton Catalog for 1962. It was sold for only a few years. Production numbers are not known.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
January 27, 2004, 09:16
Jim Cope
...not to be confused w/the '52 17J 'Lindsay' I expect...thanks for the info Bill...much appreciate it...Jim