Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Winston Wrist watch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Michael Dias
posted
While attending a peddler's fair I came across this Art Deco style Winston watch. It's a bit on the dirty side, since it was in a pile of old watch dials and parts. It's an inexpensive watch, base metal case with a metal dial. The movement is inexpensively constructed but has a regulator. The watch dial says Winston, 7 jewel, Made in USA.
Anyone else seen these and have any information. The watch runs and keeping a fairly accurate time. All this for $3.00!

Posts: 72 | Location: Benicia, California USA | Registered: May 10, 2006
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Handsome design but not a clue here Mike.

A movement image might help jog someone's memory.

Confused

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Michael Dias
posted
Thanks Linell, I thought it was a pretty cool piece for the money.
Here's the movement...

Picture of Michael Dias
posted
And the dial.

posted
That is an Ingersoll ww. At the 95 Million SN, that would put it right near the end of Ingersoll production in 1944. That is just before Ingersoll was bought by US Time Corp (Timex).

Tom

Picture of Michael Dias
posted
Thanks Tom. Though an inexpensive watch, it keeps great time. Gained <2min. in 24 hours.I think it's a nice deco design.
With that many Ingersolls produced , is there any collector value?

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

I was at the meeting in Fairlawn, Ohio this morning. One seller there had two Winston marked watches for sale. One was a lighter with built-in watch and the other was a ladies watch. Both were obviously inexpensively made but nicely styled.

Funny how a name I could not recall seeing before pops up twice the very next day.

Small world...

Big Grin

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Mike, There are dollar watch collectors that would show interest in something like this. We're not talking a whole lot of money, but you could sell it for more than what you paid for it.

Tom

Picture of Michael Dias
posted
Thanks once again Tom, I guess what I menat was collector interest. I figured it didn't have any real "value" like many other watches. I think I'll hold on to it as an interesting addition to my collection.
I assume there were other names that Ingersoll displayed on their watch dials. Does anyone know a good book on Ingersoll's watches that may provide a collecter addional information on these doller wathes?