• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

2001 Odyssey Hamilton Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have the 1968 model of this watch, the one with the mesh band.. It is in extremely good shape and runs perfectly. I was wondering how or where to market this watch as it is unique and has a niche market. Either Sci-Fi or a collector.

Any infor would be helpful

thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: August 02, 2012
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
I agree with Peter, begin by Joining and Supporting IHC185 for full participation.

Then share pictures as there are several versions of movie related watches. From his description I am guessing Stephen has the Hamilton Odyssee 2001 (note different spelling to avoid copyright infringement) a conventional mechanical-automatic shown below this posting that was sold to the public around the time of movie release. There was both an early and a late version of the Oddyssee 2001 watch, below you will see the later one.

Don

This may be the style of watch Stephen has available:

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
I like it.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
The watch that I have is similiar, but it has different hands and also has different size circles on the number locations. Are you familiar with this watch?

Posts: 2 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: August 02, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
Stephen,

Yours is the earlier, less common of the two Odyssee 2001 watches.

As pointed out above to sell your watch here to serious collectors you will want to begin with Joining and Supporting IHC185 for full participation and I think your watch would sell for a fair price in the IHC185™ TRADING MART as it is not only an unusual and interesting design but it also has a movie tie-in which only adds to its appeal.

Don

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
posted
Hi

I got an hamilton odyssee over the weekend, the older model with the round hour markers.

it is in excellent condition, but came without a band.

any leads where i could find a period band to go with it?

Also, any idea the current value of this?

Posts: 9 | Location: New York, New York in the USA | Registered: May 10, 2014