• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Omega Chrono Mark 4 Automatic "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
These Automatic Speedmasters came after the Moon watch of the late 60's. I bought Speedmasters Mk-2 and Mk-3 and in the 70's I found the Mark 4. LOL, I collected them all. The Mark 4 was the first Day/Date chrono I had seen and I loved it. With the twin Minute hands on the Mk4 Automatic for minutes and second timing I fell in love. This is my forth Omega Speedmaster Automatic and new to me today. This is a Speedmaster Automatic Chronograph with a C1045 movement. This watch uses a 176.0015 Tonneau style case with Bar style bracelet. I hope it runs well for a while. It has made it this far after all. Anyone have any info on these type watches?

Posts: 77 | Location: Hartford, Connecticut in the USA | Registered: August 11, 2010
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Nice watch, Bill...

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
Thanks Bill. I notice the Day ring looks off color in the picture but in actuality it is perfectly white. Sad this is a 1970's watch cause I really like wearing it daily after work. I keep thinking it will crap out any minute. It was serviced just last month so it may run for a while. I am not sure if this is one of the movements with plastic parts in it or not. It is a cal 1045 movement. Maybe someone will know more about it...

Posts: 77 | Location: Hartford, Connecticut in the USA | Registered: August 11, 2010
posted
Another thread here reminded me of my watch buying habits in the late sixty's and early seventy's. I bought this Croton from Savitt's for $120. It came with a rubber watch band.

posted
The black and stainless band which looks so perfect on the 3 dial watch came off of a $350 LCD Seiko watch. Bill did not have the watch for more than a day and I bought it. While the Seiko was Hugely expensive for the time I had to have it. Being electronic and one of the first LCD not LED watches it was amazing. And it was a Chronograph 12hr timer also.It lasted just over a year and as I was about to toss it in the trash I noticed it would look good on my Croton. So I saved the band but tossed the Seiko. Very possible the band would be more valuable now than the watch! LOL...

posted
I found a picture of the actual Seiko watch. Bought in a time when a simple add subtract multiply and divide calculator was over $100 the Seiko seemed about right priced. I paid over $300 I think for it. It was in low to mid 1970's not exactly sure. I was collecting Chronographs and this was a twelve hour timer also.

The Red LED watches stunk because you had to push a button to "light" the watch to see the time. This watch I had to carry a flashlight for night viewing. LOL Can't beat a set of glowing watch hands. Ha HA...