Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

yikes! Cool watch! (I got outsniped!) Hamilton "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5006918770

Dang.. as a seller on ebay I despise sniping tools..as a buyer I love them.. USUALLY!

But I got totally outmanuevered on this one..
and such a cool watch!

Jeff Hess

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Looks like the photos were pulled. All I'm seeing are the infamous red 'x's in the box. Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
The watch in this listing was the rare, elusive, desirable Hamilton K-475

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Seems rather inexpensive by todays standard!

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
What year is this ad from, Dr. Hansen? Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Mark, My sense is that this came from the 1962 Hamilton Catalog. 1962 was the first, and only year that this amazing watch was offered for sale. Although Rene and Jeff could say much more, I understand that very, very few were sold.

Is this an Arbib Design?

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

posted
"Is this an Arbib design"

I have plenty of original renderings of Arbibs that are similar.

As you know, Mr. Hansen, Arbib's designs wer reworked by the techies to make the movements and such fit so ...

The original Ventura was a work in progress for Arbib with many variations of it offered up.

I would certialy "attribute" this desing to Arbib, although it is known that others worked on similar designs at the same time as Arbib.

Also there has been referenced that someitmes the factory would give an "idea" to a group of designers who would then make their own interpretation of this idea.

Unless someone can come up with an EXACT design of this one I would, for now, just give this design an "Arbib attribution".

Jeff Hess

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Thank you Dr. Hansen. Sorry I fell off radar there.. the site dropped on me and I couldn't get back in last night. Mad

Using my cost of living calculator that I bookmarked from another website I frequent, the higher priced watch in 2005 dollars would now cost $702.98, and the lower priced watch $639.07, so even by TODAY'S standards, and considering the quality workmanship, they would still be a bargain!!
High regards! Mark