• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Complete Price Guide to Watches Question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi, my name is Ron Edwards and a new member to chapter 185.(10-28-05)I can see from reading different discussions what a valuable asset this will be to my venture into the world of watches!I purchased the cpgtw (subject)about three weeks ago & found an article regarding chapter 185. I'm 61 yrs old (simi-retired) live in Washington with my wife, both of us are native San Diegans.We moved here last March.(introducing myself) Well to make a long story short here I am interested in wristwatches in Washington & one of special interest that is pictured in the cpgtw issue 2005 no#25 on the front inside cover. Lower left hand side with a Island in center, surrounding islands, palm tree lower left between 7 & 9, seagull at 11 o'clock, ship at 4 o'clock. I've looked at approximatly 15,000 watches and faxed different companies & called several concerning this watch either no reply or they didn't know.So now I'll ask the experts and hopefully find out who is either the manfacture, company name, where to look for this fine time piece. ThanKs, Ron. Watch less in Washington.

Posts: 3 | Location: Bremerton, Washington USA | Registered: October 28, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hello Ronald,

It's great to have you on board!

That is an advertisement for Joe DeMesy who is a very active watch trader from the Dallas, Texas area. I must confess I have no idea of specifics on that watch but you can bet it's a good one or it would not be in Joe's advertisement.

My suggestion to find out about that watch would be to call Joe at 1-800-635-9006 which is his toll free line. Be sure to explain you are asking about the wristwatch shown on the inside front cover, lower left with the North American Continent and a palm tree in the Pacific Ocean on the dial.

I can tell you I've done business with Joe DeMesy and recommend him highly.

Again, welcome aboard Ron!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Glad to have you with us Ron! Enjoy!

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
First I'd like to thank Lindell & Stephanie for their welcome aboard.

Lindell I did call Demesy & Co before joining chapter 185. I talked to a young lady who referred me to another individual at their store & I described the watch and ad on the front inside cover which he in turn said that was an old ad? He mentioned he did'nt know who the maker was. But I'll try to get ahold of Joe as you mentioned. Again Thanks, Ron

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Hi Ron, welcome to Chaptrer 185! Smile

Knowledge is what its all about, and that's what you get here. I can also second what Lin said about Joe DeMesy.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
That is a great looking watch and I believe is by Vacheron & Constantin. If you study the area just inside the bezel from the 11 to 1 O'clock position this is the name I make out.

Hope you find one and good luck with the search Ron!

Fred

posted
Hi Ronald,

welcome aboard !!!

It's very nice to see the numbers of IHC wristwatch collectors growing. Big Grin

Regarding the watch in question. What you refer to as an island I believe
is actually a stylised, global view of the upper western hemisphere.

I'm sorry but I don't know the maker. I'd guess it's a high grade watch.
It may even be custom made, if not,then made in very limited quantities
for a specific market.

Here's a picture of a Limited Edition, Jean Marcel Mystery Dial watch I own.
You'll also see a similar type of hand painted global dial.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Fred & Dave, Thanks for the info & welcome aboard greeting. Fred you do have a good eye. I got out my magnify glass & it does look like Vacheron & Constantin on the bezel.And Dave the watch you own looks like a fine time piece thanks for the picture. Also if the watch I'm looking for is specialized it will be expensive.Thanks for the reply.I knew by going to those who love watches would be of help. Ron