Tools
Reply to Post

Poll Forum watch? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Any interest in making forum watch ?
black dial with IHC185 on it
movement all up to users Miyoto 21J or ETA28XX
If I see interest I will post rendering of what we can make keep in mind ETA movement will run around $200, Miyoto $60

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Great idea Peter, show us some designs!

Posts: 77 | Location: Ilkeston in England | Registered: March 22, 2013
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I'd like to see some designs too, and vote for the ETA 28xx movement myself.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
here is one rendering with reto case

IHC Member 1725
posted
Peter I like the looks of that,even without the script.

Very clean looking design!

Posts: 376 | Location: Conover, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 07, 2012
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Looks like a Swatch-made Hamilton. Not a criticism, but this design is already out there as a military reproduction. Not exact, but pretty close.

If the dial had a center 24 hour register in red, it would look just like my Dad's 1943 Lipton, but in black.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Similar, but not too similar.
I like it.
This is no reproduction either, it's the real deal from the 1930's.

Posts: 77 | Location: Ilkeston in England | Registered: March 22, 2013
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Nice looking watch. Reminded me of my 1928 Hamilton "plain barrel".

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
I see no interest in having forum watch,
so the idea is shot.
I'm back to my other projects.

Picture of Dan Carter
posted
Peter, I like the design. It is clean, refined, durable, and a nice balance of contemporary stylings with a nod to the past. It doesn't yell out - "LOOK AT ME!" as much as it would say, "I serve a purpose." Wait … what? Did I just describe some of the hallmarks of the IHC185? The thing is, everyone has a certain thing that they like about watches, and trying to find that happy medium can be difficult. I would not give up just yet, but see if anyone else can come up with some ideas? Perhaps a logo that would go on the dial, or something to set it apart. Just thoughts.

Dan

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011
posted
Perhaps in order to make it individual to each person, the logo should be IHC 185 with that person's member number underneath.

The problem here of course is the additional cost and how many members would actually subscribe to purchasing such a watch.

Your idea of having a forum watch is a good one. RLT produces such watches for members of thewatchforum and from what I have read they sell pretty quickly.

Posts: 72 | Location: Clacton On Sea, Essex, in the United Kingdom | Registered: March 15, 2014