This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886009961/m/7146063084

March 29, 2017, 20:37
Ethan Lipsig
Which wristwatch did you wear today?
Palindromic serial number!
March 30, 2017, 08:02
Eric Kaufman
Thank you all for your kind words and I'm glad my PW conversion has been well received. I have to say, I was a bit unsure how our forum members would receive my conversion.

I came across the PW in a thrift store's bin. No case, just movt., dial and hands in a zip lock bag. I couldn't let that beautiful movt. and porcelain dial remain in a bin of bits so home it came. I own a few Panerai WW so the size 6s seemed a natural for a PAM case. The rest was planning, hunting parts and help and encouragement from my Mrs.
April 05, 2017, 00:05
Matthew E. Sutton
Eric, so you have an extra Paneri WW case that was just right for this movement? What a perfect marriage.
April 05, 2017, 01:05
Peter Kaszubski
Eric you must have done some movement rings as the pan case is bit too big for size 6 movement and how did you overcome the setting mechanism issue?
April 10, 2017, 20:21
Eric Kaufman
Sorry guys, been away.

Yes, the PAM case is a little larger so a custom movt ring had to be made. As I don't have the benefit of owning or acess to a lathe or other machinist tools, I measured the diamaeter and thickness needed with a caliper and used everyday white PVC pipe to make my ring. Easy and inexpensive.

The setting mechanism wasn't overcome. Sometimes keeping it simple and not overthinking or trying to dominate something is the best path. In other words I worked with what I had and didn't try to create something that wasn't. When the crown lever is in the closed position, the watch can be wound. When it's opened, it's in the setting position.

With regard to the PAM case, I didn't have an extra on my work bench. What I said was having owned a PAM (Luminor 111) I knew the the 44mm case would be good for the 6s. I'm sure if you want an inexpensive alternative, Peter can provide the resource he used for the "PAM like" case he used to make one of his watches.
April 10, 2017, 21:05
Peter Kaszubski
Eric thank you for the info as I have few clients that would like to have vintage pocket watch movement in the luminor case .
Here is my watch for a day,hand crafted dial to look old and few chips on lume as well for the vintage look,Swiss eta 6497 under the hood as always.

April 10, 2017, 22:22
Eric Kaufman
Glad I was able to be of help.
That's a beauty Peter! I love the vintage look. Is it a sandwich dial?
April 10, 2017, 22:29
Peter Kaszubski
Thanks,no sandwich just lume from back side to make it look like sandwich
April 11, 2017, 10:55
Donald C. Henderson
My brand new JORD Fieldcrest zebrawood and maple

April 11, 2017, 11:05
Donald C. Henderson
I also have a new Advisor watch that has a Japanese quartz movement that is also a Panerai lookalike. It's a startup company and this watch is from a limited run "Founder's Edition" that won't be made again. Time will tell if they ever make anything else. Smile

June 09, 2017, 23:35
Peter Kaszubski
Bronze case with brass brushed dial,crown and brass loops on nato strap, Im working on seconds hand it will have the Maltese cross non traditional second hand Smile

June 10, 2017, 08:20
Dave Turner
My 1980? Seiko 7223-6040 (quartz alarm) unrestored. The scratches on the crystal only show up in the photo. But it isn't worth replacing.

Dave Turner
June 10, 2017, 08:22
Dave Turner
Nice watch Peter. I like the color combo between the brass and the green strap.

Dave Turner
June 10, 2017, 10:26
Mike Benda
Can I throw in a $14 Casio .
The timer is used for cooking London broil on the grill, not diving Smile

June 10, 2017, 11:18
Dave Turner
Cool! So how hot does that thing get? Smile

Dave Turner
June 10, 2017, 13:41
Peter Kaszubski
Dave you got the Seiko running?
Mike $14 well spend.
June 10, 2017, 15:12
Dave Turner
Yes Peter I do. It's keeping perfect time, and the alarm functions as it should.
Here's what happened. I tried and tried to get the back off after I tried the new battery and nothing worked.
So, then I decided to open it up and see what it looked like. However, I never did get the back off! Didn't want to scratch it up with too much manipulation. So, after all that I had the intuition to try the battery again. Thinking all that movement might have had some effect. The hands would set easily, the alarm would set easily, but I noticed the second hand never did move at all.
So.... put the new battery in and everything works great!
I'm sure it needs a cleaning, but right now it's working fine. Wearing it every day.

Got any ideas on how to remove the back? It has a slotted wedge in the back opposite the winding stem for removal, but it won't budge. I suspect with the battery door, it might not have been off the watch ever. The case is pretty clean and shows no abuse.
Long story... sorry. Smile

Dave Turner
June 11, 2017, 11:47
Peter Kaszubski
no clue on how to open, have you look or google it some tutorials on youtube ?
June 11, 2017, 12:36
Dave Turner
I have now. Found this one, and a lot more that are pretty pricey.
Case Opener

Dave Turner
June 13, 2017, 14:36
Michael D. Carroll
Hamilton 17 jewel Alarm

June 13, 2017, 20:33
Mike Benda
Dagone nice Michael! I heart hammies Smile
This one runs well.

June 16, 2017, 21:24
Peter Kaszubski
One week in Sea of Cortez, from brand new bronze