• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Find thin multimeter leads "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does anyone know where I can get thinner multimeter leads or an adaptor so that I can obtain electronic readings on small quartz movements? Mine are 2.00 mm thick, and taper to a point in 2.75 mm distance from the tip - they are just too thick and blunt to get into those tight spots, especially in a small woman's movement. HELP, please.

Jim Fischer

Posts: 17 | Location: Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: November 03, 2007
posted
If you have a pair of leads with alligator clips you can use needles instead. Just take the point off the tips so you don't pierce the circuit.

If that's no good for you then try www.mouser.com, www.digikey.com, or even radio shack. I believe they may have what you need.

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006
posted
Tim,

Thank you for the ideas. Radio Shack doesn't have any real thin ones. I had checked Digi-key, and it looked like they might have something, but details were hard to get. Actually the alligator clips (I have)and needles (I have) will be my path to go. Thanks, again.

Jim

Posts: 17 | Location: Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: November 03, 2007