Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My watch vs. RGM's watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
I couldn't believe my eyes a few months ago when I saw RGM was putting 10s Hamilton movements is WW cases. I'd already been doing it for a couple years. Today I was bored and went to the RGM to see how much the watches were. I was shocked. They have a watch that they're asking $4500 for and I put essentially the same watch on my wrist for $350. The RGM watch does look nice, but so does mine. But I'll let you be the judge.

Roland's photo retouched movement:

And some pictures of my watch, glare treated Sapphire on both sides:

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Hey Frank great looking watch i sure like your price better, at thier 4500.00 i would want a rolex .I saw one in a 18k case that was 19,000.00.. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
A very sharp-looking and interesting creation! Out of curiosity, where did you get the display-back case to fit the movement into?

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
posted
Yes, but can you put the same watch on my wrist for $350?

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
In all fairness RGM does not just the movement into the case. They take it apart and totally refinish and re-adjust it. They polish the pivots and make sure everthing is right in terms of horology and aesthetics. They often re-damaskeen the movement, blue the screws and so on. Is it worth it? To some.

Don

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
RGMs dials are spectacular, and cost mucho $$ to manufacture. The concept of taking a superb movement and bringing it back to contemporary function is a great idea. Frank, do you make watch conversion with a movement if it were supplied by the buyer?

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
posted
Just out of curiosity, will a 12 size movement fit in the same case possibly with a smaller retainer ring?

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
frank, i am very interested in your watches, how can i contact you to get information
thanks
harvey shiffman

Posts: 2 | Location: Parkland, Florida USA | Registered: September 03, 2005
posted
Harvey,

I think all the information you desire you can find here at this link. It is an authorized retailer of Frank's watch brand Madison.

http://www.watchconcepts.com/wc/madison_ww.htm

I didn't realize Frank was working to this scale. He sure does have some beautiful hand made items and all come with a two year warranty.

posted
thanks john,
checked it out he does some beautiful work .
regards,
harvey

Posts: 2 | Location: Parkland, Florida USA | Registered: September 03, 2005