• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

accutron crystal question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
How do I know what chrystal to buy for my 218 Accutron ?

John

Posts: 16 | Location: Minerva, Ohio in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2008
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
John

I just checked both the 214 & 218 service manuals.
The crystal is not listed in either of the parts lists.

Probably because there are so many different Accutron size & shape configurations possible.

Have any ihc185 members replaced an Accutron Crystal?

All else fails check with your local Bulova Service Center.

Wayne

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

I agree with Wayne, perhaps a picture would help.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
John
Cas-ker co. they can help you 1-800-487-0408 i don,t remember for sure about the accutron,s but they may have a case number that would tell you which crystal you need. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
I have done crystal fitting many years. Every Accutron should have a case number stamped in ink or engraved inside the case back. Many Accutron 218s, for example, use a simple flex type (or they call it snap dome)-some later fancy styles use an armored type. Original Bulova crystals may be a problem but rare is the Accutron that won't take a generic crystal. Call CasKer or myself at 1-800 328-6009 and I can assist you.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
posted
hi, soory I dont do pics but there are pictures in the "Complete guide to watches" No. 29 dated 2009 on page 703 1st column second watch down second column 4th down. I have two gold with gold dials,two ss with blue dial, one ss with silver dial. one of the blue and one gold dosnt work. I also have one like the first column 4th down. what are these watches worth ? I also have 5 more that is not pictured in the book they all my watches run but two.

John

Posts: 16 | Location: Minerva, Ohio in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2008