Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Wittnauer "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Francesco Marco Maraschin
posted
Hi all
Today I got a Wittnauer 7TN, I don't know anything about the watch and I couldn't find anything about it on the net so I was hoping one of you guys could tell me something about it.
When I got the watch it wasn't working, turns out it just needed a clean. I got it running and going strong.

Here are some pictures of it before i cleaned it.

(got to get a new strap)

Posts: 226 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: November 19, 2012
posted
Glass quite scratched and case not in very good condition

Posts: 226 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: November 19, 2012
posted
Is this an American case?

posted
Nice movement with gold center and 3rd wheel, also has a breguet overcoil!

posted
Nice box

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Nice old watch.
It has me puzzled. All the Wittnauers of this nature were generally 17J and I find no 7TK in any searches. Case is also unfamiliar. I'm thinking maybe this was made for non US market.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1978 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Could it be a Canadian case? I bought the watch from Canada.

posted
Dave: Wittnauer 7TN

The watch should be from the late 40's (1936 A. Wittnauer Co was sold to longines and became Longines- Wittnauer); Watch has no import code to the States (=AXA); the movement resembles Revue 73 a movement made by Revue Thommen.

Nice watch and the original box as topping.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Gerald, I looked long and hard at the number but couldn't quite be sure. I found the Revue 73 too. Looks like it's the closest match.
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/b...nfft&&2uswk&Revue_73

Dave Turner

Posts: 1978 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
bit by bit:

Lapwell Watch Case Corp in Greenvale Long Island, NY. (found a US Pat for this company dating 1952/53) and there are some cases marked Lapwell

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Thanks Gerald and Dave!