Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Railway Grade Wristwatches "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
During a real time chit chat Big Grin recently, Larry Buchan asked if I owned any railway grade wristwatches. I do not, but would like to learn more regarding these wristwatches and hopefully this may be the place to learn! Eek

Larry S #1 has a B.W.Raymond wriste that's a beaut!

Larry, would you do us the honors by posting on this thread?

Let's see pics of railroad grade wristwatches in our members collections Roll Eyes and learn more about these wonderful wristwatches! Roll Eyes

Guys? Let's go!!!!!

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Stephanie,

Here is a start for your Railway Grade Wrist Watch topic. I originally posted this 25 Jewel Ball watch to the Chapter 185 "Timekeepers Photo Gallery" in July of 2003.

BALL OFFICIAL RAILROAD STANDARD 25 JEWEL

The Bulova Accutron was originally posted to the Chapter 185 "Timekeepers Photo Gallery" in January of 2004.

1976 BULOVA 214 ACCUTRON

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Extremely nice! Top of the line for sure! Thanks Phil!

Others? Information on railway grade wristwatches is encouraged as well as pictures!

Here's the place to talk about and show yours!!! Smile

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is the BW Raymond. Face and movement picture. As far as I know, they had to be hi-grade and adjusted. This watch is adjusted to 6 positions.

Larry

Posts: 661 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 07, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Here's a December 1976 Ball Railroad Time Service Acceptance letter for the Burlington Northern Railroad that may prove helpful. Both Phil's Trainmaster and Larry's B.W. Raymond are clearly listed in the letter. The first group in the letter are pocket watches and the second list is of course wristwatches such as we are discussing in this topic.

Below, from the mid 1970s Ball Railroad Time Service Listings...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Four Railroad Approved Accutrons. From left stainless case, 24 hour dial, M6 date code;

Next: gf case, this one was set when we moved to daylight saving time and it's spot-on with my radio-controlled clock, date code M8

Third: gf case, 24 hour dial, date code M2

Fourth: gf case, not running, date code M6

Accutrons

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002