• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

BOVET TRIPLE DIAL MOONPHASE CHRONOGRAPH QUESTION "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi, I have a Bovet Moonphase watch and wanted to ask if anyone could tell me anything of the movement and how old it is. It is my favourite watch but needs some repairs as the chronograph does not work although the watch runs well - any advice on the best place to get this repaired - the movement looks very complicated. Thanks for any help. I will also attach a picture of the face which is beautiful. Thanks Norman

Posts: 12 | Location: Landenberg, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 17, 2007
posted
This is the dial which I love !!. Norman

Posts: 12 | Location: Landenberg, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 17, 2007
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Norman,

Looks like by the balance cock to be a Valjoux 88, I have worked on these in the past, just did a quick check for the hammer spring and nothing listed available at my first enquiry. Will ask around and let you know if I can find one.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Thanks Chris, any idea of the age and cost to repair ?. Norman

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Norman

I am asking around for the part/s, will make a few calls next week, Email me, on

Abellwatchmakers@nctv.com

Chris

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003