• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ok quick question about watch case openers "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a Sekio that needs a new battery, which WW style opener is best? I'm looking at this one, is it any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2642080470&category=10363

OOPS....I meant for this one to go under the Wrist Watch section.....Sorry

Posts: 175 | Location: Claremore, Oklahoma USA | Registered: January 03, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Moved it for you Rick.

I'm no expert on this, but for what its worth...

My life's experience tells me to stay away from cheap, unbranded tools. That being said, if you would need it for only one watch it may do the trick so long as you're very careful.

Another point is that more often than not the gasket is damaged when you change the battery. That's why it costs a bit more to have a jeweler do it. Some are equipped to check the pressure to be certain it's still waterproof and that's a big plus.

I'd be leery of the part-time employee at the shopping mall as well. The only battery powered wristwatch I feel really comfortable with in daily use is a 214 Accutron due to their simple design of the energy cell compartment.

Hope this is of help.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002