• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Nice Illinois Collection just listed "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
You might consider checking out the nice grouping of gold and gold filled Illinois wrist watches just listed through horologer on ebay. RC

Posts: 22 | Location: Santa Cruz, California USA | Registered: March 23, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
Randy, can you post a link to one of the auctions?

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
See if this helps

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
posted
Thanks Eugene, that will do the trick. Here is another link to what may be a Rockliffe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Posts: 22 | Location: Santa Cruz, California USA | Registered: March 23, 2005
posted
It is a nice little collection of 4 Illinois'! That said, potential bidders should know that 2 of the 4 dials have been incorrectly redone and 2 of the cases have had some lug work on the reverse. Full disclosure... I am bidding on at least 1 of them. Smile Included are a Baronet, a Marquis, a Mate, and a Rockcliffe.

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
Here are my collection of Illinois. Did you see the 14 kt gold watch chain clasp in the upper left corner.

IHC Life Member
posted
I can remember which dials are refinished.

IHC Life Member
posted
White Gold 14 kt

IHC Life Member
posted
Lugs are all original

IHC Life Member
posted
14 kt Yellow Gold

IHC Life Member
posted
They have to have nice lugs Or I don't even bother buying.

posted
Eugene,

You have some nice Illinois! Your Baronet is a beauty. The 2 with the lug repair that I mentioned are the Marquis and Mate -- both gold filled. The Marquis is a bit like the Hamilton Oval and MOST of them have repaired lugs, typically long ago, but since they are gold filled, the cases have often been replated... something to watch for in a 2-tone case. The "tell" is the reverse, as the Marquis was made with a "waffle" pattern on the lug backs. Pleae also notice how your Rockcliffe dial has numbers on the sub-second track, but the one for sale does not on the Rock or the Marquis... obvious signs of both being redone incorrectly. (Not big problems, these dials can be easily corrected for $30-$40.)

Sadly, I don't have a photo of my full Illinois collection, but here are some of my Marquis'.

Regards,

Rick

IHC Life Member
posted
Great Marquis you have you must really love them to have so many.
I have not found a marquis that is in good enough shape at the price I can afford.

Unless you count this one.
Marquis

posted
The Marquis is one of my favorites. (LOL, not my only favorite...) I think I now have 11 or 12 of them, plus some extra parts, and dials, including every known case and dial variation, including:

Green Plain, Green Engraved, Yellow Plain, Yellow Engraved, White Plain, White Engraved, 2-tone ebgraved with a green bezel/back and white center, 2-tone engraved with a white bezel and back and green center, 2-tone PLAIN with a white bezel and back and green center. (I think I located the first and still only plain 2-tone example, and I also located the 2nd known orignal-dial sub-6 example).

I also have, I THINK, every dial variation: a bunch of sub-9s, some with round tracks and some with tonneau-shaped tracks, a sub 6, a few without subs, a black dial, a few enamel dials, some with silver centers, a few with gold centers, 1-tone dials.

Most of them have the normal 17 jewel movements, but some have 19, one has a rare Aristocrat movement.

Rick